Guest Speaker for graduate level Fintech course at J Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University.
Financial technology (FinTech) is revolutionary and rapidly changing the financial services industries. This graduate course provides an introduction to FinTech such as blockchain, cryptocurrencies (e.g., Bitcoin and Ethereum), alternative lending, machine learning, and robo-advising. Students are expected to develop a broad understanding of the recent FinTech development and its impact in the financial industries. Students will also have hands-on and problem-solving experiences that can be useful in FinTech applications and innovation. Topics may include but are not limited to: blockchain and cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoins, smart contracts, decentralized applications, markets for smart contracts, applications of blockchain technologies in various finance areas, alternative and P2P lending and crowdfunding, machine learning and its applications in FinTech such as robo-advising.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to
- Understand recent FinTech developments and analyze their impact on the financial services industries
- Describe the technologies underlying cryptocurrencies and blockchains
- Design smart contracts and decentralized applications
- Understand alternative lending, P2P technologies, and assess their impact on traditional banking and payment industries
- Apply machine learning in robo-advising and FinTech
- Engage in the process of FinTech innovation