The Hype. The Challenge. The Risk. The Future.
It’s no secret that Blockchain is the future. But what exactly does that future look like?
There are events happening all the time that focus on what blockchain technology is and some of its use cases but rarely do these events go in depth on the leading challenges and opportunities facing the industry today. To go beyond “Blockchain 101”, we gather a multidisciplinary panel of investors, experts, academics, founders, technologists, and enthusiasts to take the blockchain conversation to the next level. Society and industry are beginning to realize that blockchain technology is poised to have a dramatic impact on us all, however, what will this journey look like? The event will consist of a live three-round discussion among the panelists, which will be presented to a live audience and streamed online for anyone in the world to join.
Three rounds of interactive discussion, including ~2 audience questions at the end of each round.
- Registration, Welcome and Networking – 3:00 – 3:30 PM – 30 mins
- Opening and Panelist Introduction – 3:30- 3:45 PM – 15 mins
- Round 1 – 3:45 – 4:25 PM – 40 mins
- Round 2 – 4:25 – 5:05 PM – 40 mins
- Round 3 – 5:05 – 5:45 PM – 40 mins
- Full audience Q&A & Closing – 5:45-6:00 PM – 15 mins
- Adjourn & Reception (Hors-d’oeuvre and Drinks served)
- Round 1: Evolution of Technology – Blockchain, Cryptography, Distributed systems. We will explore the current state of cryptography and Blockchain Architecture design choices for scalability and security. The impact of centralization & impending Seg2X fork. Impact of moving from POW to POS. Trade-off offered by other consensus mechanisms.
- Round 2: Blockchain’s disruptive potential for incumbent enterprises. Which business use cases do we see emerging in the next five years? Can private, permission-based blockchain truly redefine supply chains? Who’s at risk of being disrupted? Will the future of the financial industry be defined by – Blockchain + Smart Contracts + AI? What does the adoption and maturation trajectory look like for enterprises? Should they view this ecosystem as a threat or an opportunity? Between Etherium Enterprise Alliance and Hyperledger projects, we will explore successful case studies.
- Round 3: Are ICOs flights of fancy or genuine disruption of the VC industry? Should everyone do an ICO now? What makes a good ICO? Is it a bubble? Have we seen the top? When is the crash coming? Is Crypto-economics an emerging field? We will explore financial, legal, regulatory and tax implications of ICOs. What societal impact can blockchain ecosystems deliver?